Sunday, April 19, 2009

In Her Hand: A Good Friday Realization

Sometimes, things happen that carry so much significance that I can hardly breathe...

I was in my backyard with my daughter and my dog on Good Friday when I noticed something in my daughter's hand. As she always has something in her hand (rocks, grass, books...) I didn't think anything of it.

Just a little while later, I looked and saw that she still had something grasped in her little, innocent hand. She wasn't messing with it, she was just holding onto it.

I figured I'd better take a closer look.

When I asked her to open her hand to "Show Daddy." she unclenched her fist to reveal a nail.

Now...how she got a nail, I'll never know; but the fact that, on Good Friday, my little girl had a nail in her hand was almost more than I could handle.

Here is this beautiful, nearly perfect little girl who held a nail on Good Friday.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Prepare for a lifetime of being "astonished and amazed."