Monday, December 08, 2008

Right On

Jac and I were out to dinner with a mentor of mine last week. It was one of those, "Time stood still for an hour-and-a-half" dinners.

I've invited this friend to mentor and advise me, to listen for what's really going on with me, and to speak candidly about what he hears and observes.

He spoke candidly on Wednesday night and it uncovered some things and created language I was searching for in others. Jac's imput served to strenthen what he was saying. I mostly listened with rapt attention as everything that they were saying was right on.

It was good to be sitting down with two people who are on the board of directors of my life. I live, follow, and love more fully after meals like that. I was much more nourished by the dialogue than by the physical food...although the food was good too.

No comments: