Saturday, October 11, 2008

Observation Revisiting Part 2

We began our retreat last night by asking two questions:

1. What has happened recently that is reminding you that God is alive?
Friends and Family; Being a pediatric nurse, I see miracles every day.; He shook me up recently and reminded me that He is in control--Him in control means He's alive.; Having a bad day, I saw a train of toddlers walking onto my campus.; A girl that I know is becoming.; My son.; Surviving a horrible accident.; A not-so-random connection with a past friend over email.; New found intimacy with Him.
2. What do you need to hear from God this weekend?
"Be still." "You're okay." "Simplify."

I am constantly awe-struck by how simultaneously at work God is in the lives of His people. He is intentional. He speaks in the language of individual people's souls. He floods our lives with His presence and invites us to become aware and present to it.

When I do, it stirs in me a desire for more.

When I hear multiple stories of how God is alive, it reminds me that God is alive.
I am hearing God say, "Ssshhhhh is best."

No comments: