Friday, October 10, 2008

The Pursuit of the Pursued

Much of my life is spent in pursuit of others. I think I've always been this way. I was never one to wait around to see if I was going to a call or an invite--I was the one to do the calling and to make the invites.

I'm attracted to pursuers. I experience a unique depth of friendship with other pursuers. Perhaps it's because the experience is mutual...

I'm also realizing that I have an expectation to be pursued by those who have influence over me...that when it doesn't happen, I feel let down and the relationship takes a hit. Is this right or wrong? I'm not sure, but it is my experience and I can't seem to shut that off.

I love to pursue...I love being pursued.

Some questions have begun to emerge for me...
Do I let myself be pursued by God?
Is He in pursuit of me still?
If being pursued takes horizontal relationships to a deeper level of intimacy, is this my vertical experience?
Is there a mutual pursuit required?
Do I pursue others in response to my God who pursues me?
Do I and others experience God's pursuit in community with one another?

No comments: