Saturday, November 26, 2005

2-week Prayer Challenge

As I am going into a Muslim nation, I want to ask you to join me in an unusual prayer experience. In the Muslim faith, it is their custom to bow and pray five times a day. Would you consider doing this for me, my team, and the people that we get the opportunity to love?

Prayer time 1: For physical strength. My body isn't at 100% and we will be working hard long hours and sleeping on the cold, hard ground.

Prayer time 2: For the people of Pakistan that we will see. Pray for the love of Christ to reach deep into their souls as we serve them. Pray especially for those who won't see love.

Prayer time 3: For emotional strength. We will be seen as the only hope by many.

Prayer time 4: For safety. Pakistan isn't the safest place to be right now. Pray for protection and genuine relationships to develop between us and the Pakistanis that we will be working with and near.

Prayer time 5: For spiritual strength. I want to see the people of Pakistan like God sees them.

I can't wait to hear your stories of what this experience was like. Please write your prayers on the comment column so that I can read them if I ever get internet acess.

Until I return,
I remain Unconventional

No comments: