Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Learning How to Live

One of my best friends is 66 years-young. He lives in an unconventional reality--one that has been breathed into him through life...and death.

He desires to honor his World War II buddies even though he didn't go to war. He has.
He has a vision to celebrate his friends on his birthday. He does.
He wanted to have live Jazz music at his wife's funeral and celebrate her life. They did.
He bought me golf clubs because he thought it would be a great way for me to get in the lives of other guys. It has.
The name of his very successful company is PTLA (Praise the Lord Always). They do.
He heard an African American Jazz singer at a club one night and decided that he was going to help make this man's musical dreams come true. They are.

Jesus becomes real to people because of him. He doesn't invite them into an institution or a religion. He invites them into a Way of life that is better.

I get the privilege of watching this man live--I follow Jesus better because of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where can I find more material -----------------------------------------------------------------------------purchase-esgic purchase

Cosby said...

and because of you i know this man and my life is better as well. an aspiring character. tell him hi.