Saturday, November 19, 2005

I'm Going to Pakistan

I leave on November 27th for Arizona. They'll train us for a day and then we fly to Isalmabad by way of Hong Kong.

I'll be there until the 11th of December. If I have the chance to get to a computer while I'm there, I will update my blog instead of trying to email the stories to everyone. If I do not have computer access, I will upload the stories after I get home.

During the interview between this service organization and myself, they asked me the following question:
What are you doing to prepare emotionally, physically, and spiriutally for this trip?

I answered:
Emotionally--How do you prepare emotionally for seeing the devastation of a 7.6 earthquake that leaves 3 million people homeless in the mountains? I guess I'm sharing the story with my communities and asking them to help me prepare.

Physically--I run, cycle, and swim a lot. I'll keep doing that. I'm also pretty comfortable in high alpine situations.

Spiritually--God has been preparing me for this for 25 years. If I just started to prepare now, I'd be in big trouble!

Conisder this: What will it be like to offer a hand of friendship, brotherhood, and compassion to those that the American media would identify as our enemy?

Let this story be told!

5 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim said...

How much is it going to cost you? How are you paying for this?

Jer said...

God is providing as needs become known. Why? Do you want to help?

Tim said...

I would be interested in helping if I knew how.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy: Gram and I are praying for you, and we know that you will fulfill your mission. We're proud of you, and we love you very much.

Don't take any unnecessary chances, and please stay safe.

We hope that you and your crew will not leave that "ugly American" image that some do. We know what you able to do --- and you'll do it.

We know that God will be with you, and we'll pray for you.

We love you, Jeremy

Gram & Gramps